The Central government has extended the national lockdown to contain the spread of COVID-19. The third phase of the nationwide lockdown will be applicable from today i.e. from 4th May to 17th May, However, to give some relaxations in lockdown extension the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has split the districts into three zones i.e. Red, Green and orange. In this article, I have given all the information and details related to all the three zones and what all you can do from today, and what you cannot.
What are the Red, Orange and Green zones ?
Red Zone: Districts that have registered the high no. of Covid-19 cases or where the doubling rate is so high are identified as red zones. Ex: Varanasi, Delhi, Mumbai, Noida, Kanpur etc.
Orange Zone: Districts that have registered significantly few cases of Covid-19 and registered no new cases in the last 14 days are identified as orange zones. Ex: Prayagraj, Pathankot, Tonk, Ghaziabad etc.
Green Zone: Districts that have reported no new cases from the last 21 days are identified as green zones. Ex: Ballia, Muzaffarpur, Dantewada, Shimla etc.
All the Metro cities are reported as red zones like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad. All types of activities will remain close here until 17th May.
List of activities allowed by the Central govt. from today
- Barbershops, Spas and salons will be allowed to open from today in orange and green zones.
- All types of public activities will remain prohibited throughout the country irrespective of zones and divisions.
- Hotels, restaurants, gyms, fitness centers, schools, malls, cinema hall coaching institutes will be remain shut across the country.
- The government has banned all types of public gatherings like religious, social, cultural.
- E-commerce companies like Amazon, Flipkart will be allowed to sale essential and non-essential items in orange and green zones. These relaxations will remain closed in red zones.
- Liquor shops will be allowed to reopen from today in all the zones red, orange, green. But there is some guideline given by govt. that only those liquor shops will be allowed to reopen that is not located inside the markets and malls. And those which are allowed to reopen have followed the guidelines and instructions given by Central Govt and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- The Govt has prohibited the outdoor activities of persons above 65 years and children below 10 years.
- From today, all types of goods traffic permitted and no states or UT shall stop the movements of cargo in their respective borders.
- In red zones, private offices will be allowed to work with their 33% staff.
- Govt has allowed Taxi and cab drivers not to sit more than 2 passengers. Cab and auto cannot run from one district to another.
- Green zones have allowed all types of activities except the ones prohibited throughout the country.
- Buses can operate with up to 50% seating capacity as guidelines provided by Govt.
- From 7 pm to 7 am movement of individuals shall remain prohibited.
- In the funeral’s only 20 people will be allowed to attend.
- In the marriage ceremony, only 50 people will be allowed to attend
READ ALSO; Impact of coronavirus in the Indian economy
It is good to see that the 3rd phase of the lockdown extension brings some relaxations by the government. However, the movement of persons by air, rail and road will be allowed for selected purposes and purpose should be permitted by govt.
The classification of red, orange and green zones made by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) cannot be changed by State governments, however, States can declare additional districts in red and orange zones. The list will be revised on a weekly basis.
The lockdown extension will surely be going to affect very badly on the economy. It is a very tough time for everyone around the world. I just hope that everything will be good and we return to our old life. If you like this article then please share it with your friend, colleagues and your loved ones.